Department of Primary Industries
The NSW Department of Primary Industries works to create Stronger Primary Industries.
Who we are
We are a regionally focused organisation with our people working in over 100 locations across the State.
The Department of Primary Industries (DPI) is part of the Department of Regional NSW.
The DPI Strategic Plan for 2019 to 2023 outlines our purpose at DPI in driving stronger primary industries across NSW.
- Increase productivity and profitability of plant and livestock systems
- Enhance the productive and sustainable use of agricultural resources
- Protect and enhance the biosecurity of NSW
- Maximise food safety, animal welfare and market access in NSW
- Promote the sustainable growth of commercial and recreational fishing, and aquaculture
- Protect and enhance NSW aquatic resources and environment
- Manage hunting and the sustainable growth of forestry
- Maximise our connection with communities, industries and people
- Drive research and business excellence in DPI.