Critical Minerals and High-Tech Metals Activation Fund
The NSW Government has announced a new $130 million fund to drive investment and support the development of the critical minerals and high-tech metals sector. This fund will be administered by NSW Mining, Exploration and Geoscience to activate projects across the mining and downstream processing value chain.
Funding will be delivered to:
- unlock project blockages through strategic infrastructure investment
- enhance investment through establishing new capacity in critical minerals processing
- support scale-up and commercialisation of emerging technologies and applications
- drive local skills development
- support investment in exploration to promote new discoveries for an ongoing pipeline of critical minerals and high-tech metal resources
- facilitate the role of critical minerals as an enabler to the clean economy
- contribute to the state outcome of mineral and petroleum industries generating prosperity, safely.
A 5-year grants program is being developed to allocate funds directly to projects that assist the development of the critical minerals and high-tech metals sector in NSW.
To ensure the fund delivers maximum benefit, consultation with key industry, government and research stakeholders will commence in July 2022.
An industry consultation webinar will be held at 10am on 11 August 2022. To attend you must register your details by 9am on 10 August via this link: Webinar registration - Zoom. A link to join the webinar will be emailed to registered participants before the event.
Eligible applicants are expected to be invited to lodge expressions of interest for the first round of funding later this year.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org