Our leadership team
We have a strong leadership team across the Department and the state, working together to achieve the best outcomes for the people of regional NSW.
The department’s executive is collectively responsible for leading the organisation, and individually accountable for the strategic and operational activities of their specific areas.
- Gary Barnes, Secretary, Department of Regional NSW
- Scott Hansen, Director-General, Director of Primary Industries
- Rebecca Fox, Deputy Secretary, Strategy, Delivery & Performance
- Chris Hanger, Deputy Secretary, Public Works Advisory & Regional Development
- Steve Orr, Deputy Secretary, Corporate Services
- Michael Wright, Deputy Secretary, Mining, Exploration & Geoscience
- David Witherdin, CEO, Local Land Services
- James McTavish, Cross-Border Commissioner
- Brendan Nelson, CEO, Regional Growth NSW Development Corporation