Our leadership team
We have a strong leadership team across the Department and the state, working together to achieve the best outcomes for the people of regional NSW.
The department’s executive is collectively responsible for leading the organisation, and individually accountable for the strategic and operational activities of their specific areas.
- Gary Barnes, Secretary, Department of Regional NSW
- Scott Hansen, Director-General, Department of Primary Industries
- Rebecca Fox, Deputy Secretary, Regional Precincts
- Chris Hanger, Deputy Secretary, Public Works Advisory and Regional Development
- Steve Orr, Deputy Secretary, Corporate Services
- Georgina Beattie, Deputy Secretary, Mining, Exploration and Geoscience Department of Regional NSW
- David Witherdin, CEO, Local Land Services
- James McTavish, Cross-Border Commissioner
- Brendan Nelson, CEO, Regional Growth NSW Development Corporation
- Fiona Dewar, Deputy Secretary, Strategy, Delivery & Performance